Was born Porto, Portugal in 1990.
He studied Composition in Escola Superior de Música de Lisboa (Lisbon Music College) with the composers: Professor Dr Sérgio Azevedo, Professor Dr António Pinho Vargas and Professor Dr Luís Tinoco. He also had the opportunity to work with the composers: Professor Roberto Alejandro Perez, Professor Dr Carlos Marecos, Professor Dr João Madureira, Professor Dr José Luís Ferreira and Professor Dr Carlos Caires (Orchestration, Harmony, Analisys and Electroacoustic Music).
In 2014 Daniel Davis was scholarship holder of the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation for 2014-2015 academic year, and he was the Young Composer of the 2014 - 2015 Concert Season of the Orquestra de Câmara de Cascais e Oeiras (Chamber Orchestra of Cascais and Oeiras).
He was also Associated Composer in the context of the Musicalmente - Music for Babies project (2016 season).
Recently, Daniel Davis has been offered a conditional place for a Doctoral Programme at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama, in London - with the support of the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation and the Guildhall Research Department - with the composers: Professor Dr Julian Philips and Professor Dr Richard Baker. He has also been working with the composer: Professor Dr Julian Anderson.
- 2016, Honor Medal - from Instituo Politécnico de Lisboa for having highlighted as a National and International Composer.
- 2015, Nomination - Melhor trabalho de Música Erudita 2015 da Sociedade Portuguesa de Autores.
- 2014, 1st Prize Winner - Concurso de Composição Antena 2 / SPA - III Edição.
- 2014, Laureate - Concurso de Composição da Banda Sinfónica Portuguesa - II Edição.
- 2013, Laureate - Concurso de Composição Antena 2 / SPA - II Edição.
All the permissions to perform Davis work in public must be
obtained in Portugal from Sociedade Portuguesa de Autores
Av. Duque de Loulé, 31 1069-153 Lisboa
phone: +351 213 594 400 fax: +351 213 530 257
"Mirror of the Soul" by Ensemble Darcos - work recorded "Viagens"
"New Harmoniemusik" by Camerata de Sopros Silva Dionísio - work recorded "The essence of a tear"
“Emerge” new CD by Sónia Oliveira - work recorded “Mask” for singer and Doublebass (featuring João Vargas)