Today, I was trying to make a slow and contrasting section, where I might explore harmony and transpositions using the circle of fifths.
So, to do this, I kept the marimba rhythmical pattern motif and I kept, on violoncellos and violas, the rhythm pattern in 7/8. On both violins, I started to write a melodic motif not only stretching the four notes motif I have wrote on the 27/06 an developed on the 11/08, but also with notes of the chords I am using.
After this I realised that the rhythmical engine was losing power. I started to change some long notes for the repetition of the same note using the motif in 5, 2 & 3 or 5, 3 & 2 contrasting with the marimba line. Also, kept the violoncello 2 in pizz, with the quavers of the 6/8 and tried to mixed it with violoncello 1.