Today I took the principal motif and transposed it to all the tonalities, going through the circle of fifths’s major tonalities.
When I finished I did a sequence of chords trying to change less notes I can - voice leading - but also, trying that the last note of each motif corresponds with the first one of the following. Some times, this was impossible to do, for that reason, I decided that when this is not possible to write an harmonic series scale in D to contrast with the sequence of chords applied on the motifs. After the harmonic series scale I started again with the new chord, starting a new sequence.
This works when I have a single line with different rhythmical patterns, with the chords might works but I did not try.
At the end, I wrote the sequence of chords on Sibelius software and the result was very impressive. I wrote which chord is at the bottom of each chord progression. I can have, with this harmony, a trajectory. Nonetheless, if I invert the order of the chords I might have other interest trajectory.
This exercise, might apply for a slow section or a section where the strings are contrasting what the marimba is doing, that could be a rhythmical patterns, or not.